When it comes to importing products into application Qwilink, users can chose from different options. Right now, it is possible to connect Qwilink with online shops created in platforms Shopamine, Shopify and WooCommerce. All other users that have created their online stores in other platforms or do not yet have an online store, can import their products by hand. They can do that in a simple way by using .csv spreadsheet.
Hand import is appropriate only for users that have their online store done in a platform that cannot yet be connected with Qwilink or for those who do not have an online store. If you have an online store created in platforms Shopamine, Shopify or WooCommerce connect your store and Qwilink for automatic import of products.
Importing products with .csv spreadsheet is possible during registration or creation of your Qwilink`s user account, or at any other time, by clicking on a tab “Connections”, which is located in the dropdown menu shown when you click on your user name.
How does hand import with .csv spreadsheet work?
If you have an online store that is created in a platform, which is not yet connected with Qwilink, you can import your products following those simple steps:
- Log in to your online store and search for option “Product Export in .csv form” or “Export Products to Excel”. Download the file and save it to your computer.
- Open the file with programs Microsoft Excel or Google Sheets. Change the names of the columns to the names that are set in Qwilink`s import spreadsheet: Product ID, Name, Brand etc. You can find all the appropriate names in this example csv spreadsheet.
- After you edit your spreadsheet, save it in .csv format. Use the csv spreadsheet to import your products into Qwilink.
How to import products if you do not have an online store?
In case you do not already have an online store the product import with .csv is a bit different. It is best to follow those simple steps:
- Download an example .csv spreadsheet for product import.
- Open the spreadsheet with Microsoft Excel or Google Sheets. Fill the spreadsheet with necessary data about your products, for example: Product ID, Name, Brand, Price and so on.
- Save the spreadsheet in .csv format and import it into Qwilink.
How to import product images?
To import images you will need to add URL links of those images. That means that you can only add images, which are already online and have their own unique URL. You can also import multiple images. All you have to do is to add each URL image link in its own row in the column “Images”. Be careful to add only URLs and no other data in each row.
In case you would like to import images that are not stored online (do not have their own URL link), we would advise you to save all the images to the cloud. One of the best services you can use to do so is application Pictr, which allows users to save images into cloud for free and automatically creates an unique URL address for each image. The URLs can then be added to the .csv spreadsheet.
Do you need more help?
You can find more details about how to create .csv spreadsheet for product import in our example spreadsheet. If you have any additional questions, you can contact our Help centre.
Read more about the product import with .csv spreadsheet in article Importin products using .csv spreadsheet.